This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These blueberry pie bars featuring sweet blueberries from the Pacific Northwest are a delicious, healthy dessert recipe for a summer gathering. This recipe is sponsored by Curry & Company.
Blueberry pie is one of my favorite summertime desserts. But I don’t love all the work that goes into making a pie, and it’s a bit high-maintenance when you’re feeding a crowd.
Enter these Blueberry Pie Bars featuring sweet Curry & Company blueberries. These bars are a delicious, affordable dessert to put together for a party. They’re such a refreshing treat, and they taste like summertime.
Curry & Company blueberries are like nothing I’ve seen at the grocery stores here in Massachusetts. The unique climate of Oregon’s Willamette Valley yields big, sweet blueberries that are a signature crop of the region. This third-generation blueberry company also grows berries in Washington and British Columbia to keep the season going all summer long. Fortunately for those of us who don’t live in the Northwest, Curry & Company ships their delicious berries to many locations throughout the U.S.
The Pacific Northwest has one of the most beautiful landscapes in America, so it’s no wonder the people in the Northwest love spending time outdoors. And it’s not just hiking and water sports. Summertime is also the season of outdoor dining, and no outdoor buffet would be complete without a fruity summer dessert.
Try these delicious Blueberry Pie Bars at your next cookout or picnic. They’re the perfect way to end a summer meal.
Blueberry Pie Bars
Ingredients for the Base
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Ingredients for the Blueberry Layer
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Ingredients for the Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt 1 cup of butter or coconut oil. Let it cool, then divide it into a 3/4 cup portion for the base and a 1/4 cup portion for the crumb topping.
- To make the base, combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. (Substitute white whole wheat flour for the gluten-free flour if you’re not gluten-free.)
- Stir the base layer's wet ingredients together in a small bowl and then mix them into the dry ingredients.
- Press the base layer mixture evenly into the pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the blueberries, maple syrup, and lemon zest. Place this blueberry mixture in an even layer on top of the base.
- To make the crumb topping, stir together the ingredients. Add this crumb topping mixture on top of the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is brown. Let it cool completely before cutting. If you’re serving these as part of a buffet, you can cut them quite small (24 pieces). Cut them into larger pieces for a stand-alone snack.
Blueberry Pie Bars Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $12.60 to make with fresh blueberries, or $.53 per serving. This is an affordable dessert recipe that will please any crowd!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy blueberries in the summer? Please share in the comments.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Curry & Company via Kitchen-PLAY. I received compensation for my time as well as a sample of these tasty berries. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.