This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These chocolate pecan snacks are so easy to make, and they taste like candy!
Homemade energy bites are very deceptive. They’re full of nutritious ingredients, but they taste like candy. These are among the easiest snacks to make because they don’t need to go in the oven. Simply mix the ingredients in a food processor, shape the dough however you want it, and refrigerate.
These chocolate pecan snacks are so good. You won’t believe they don’t have any added sugar when you taste them. The dates have a caramelizing effect, so these come out tasting like sweet, chewy candy. Pecans are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and dates provide potassium and fiber. These little goodies are the perfect afternoon snack for kids or adults who need an extra boost before dinnertime.
Chocolate Pecan Snacks
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
- 1 cup Medjool dates pits removed (7 large dates)
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp water if needed
- Place the pecans, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor. Process until well-combined, but leave little bits of nuts if you want some texture in your protein snacks.
- If the mixture binds together easily, you’re done. If it’s still crumbly, add 1/2 teaspoon of water and process. Check the mixture again, and keep adding a little water until it comes together easily. If you add too much water and the mixture is wet, add a tablespoon of extra pecans.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls or small squares. Refrigerate for an hour before eating.
- Store these protein snacks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Chocolate Pecan Snacks Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.78 to make, or $.56 per serving (2 balls). These sweet little bites taste like decadent candy, but they’re actually a nutritious treat to get you through your day.
For more healthy snack ideas, check out this roundup of 20 homemade protein bar recipes.