This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These gluten free waffles are a delicious, healthy breakfast recipe that kids and adults will love. They’re such a treat for a weekend morning!
When I have time to make a real breakfast in the morning, I love to have waffles. They’re so delicious, and it’s nice when there are a few extra waffles left over to put in the freezer for another day.
A thinly sliced ripe banana in this gluten free waffle batter gives these waffles a bit of extra sweetness. Fold it into the batter once the wet and dry ingredients have been stirred together.
I adapted this recipe from a waffle recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, Joy of Cooking. Serve with pure maple syrup and your favorite fruit for a hearty breakfast.
Gluten Free Waffles
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk dairy or non-dairy
- 6 to 8 tbs melted ghee or butter
- 1/2 banana thinly sliced
- Pure maple syrup and fresh fruit for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients. Make sure the ghee is not too hot or else it will get clumpy when it hits the cold eggs and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the thinly sliced banana.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto a waffle iron and bake until golden brown. Repeat until all of the batter is done. This recipe yields 6 7-inch waffles.
- Top with fruit and a little maple syrup.
Gluten-Free Waffles Price Breakdown
These waffles cost $3.65 to make, or $.61 per waffle. The fruit and syrup will add a little bit to your total cost, but these gluten free waffles are a great breakfast to start your day!