This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These homemade apple chips are a delicious snack, and they’re so easy to make! This healthy recipe is a great alternative to packaged chips.
My family has a tradition of going apple picking every fall. I’m not sure what part is my favorite – the apples, the donuts, the fresh cider, or the hedge maze. (Who am I kidding? Cider donuts are the best.)
This year, we decided to do a friendly family bet where we each guessed how many apples we brought home. My guess of 100 was a bit over the top, but I wasn’t too far off. Our giant bag was filled with exactly 68 apples.
We’re still working our way through them, and the first thing I made was this batch of apple chips. I left some a little chewy by baking them for a shorter time, and the rest were nice and crunchy out of the oven.
Apple chips are incredibly simple to make, especially if you have an apple corer that just removes the core and leaves the rest of the apple intact. They can be baked with the skins still on them, and a sprinkle of cinnamon gives them the best flavor.
Watch this video to see the easy process behind these delicious apple chips:
Homemade Apple Chips Recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 medium apples any variety
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees and grease 2 baking sheets with the olive oil.
- Remove the cores from the apples. Slice the apples into uniformly thin rings, then place them in a single layer on the baking sheets. Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon.
- Bake for 2 to 2½ hours, or until desired level of crispiness is achieved. A shorter cook time will yield chewy apple rings, and a longer time will give you crisp chips. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store the apple chips in an airtight container.
Homemade Apple Chips Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $1.97 to make using apples priced at $1.50 per pound. This comes out to $.18 per serving (4 chips). Try these homemade apple chips the next time you go apple picking!
And this Instant Pot applesauce is another delicious snack for apple picking season.