This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These Instant Pot country style pork ribs are such an easy, delicious dinner. You’ll get tender, fall-apart meat every time.
The Instant Pot is one of my favorite tools for a dependable dinner. The recipes aren’t always “instant,” but results are consistent when meals are cooked in a pressure cooker. Dishes like Instant Pot potato salad and Instant Pot beef stew come out perfectly every time.
These Instant Pot country style pork ribs are the perfect easy dinner. They come out fall-apart tender every time. Topped with your favorite bbq sauce, these Instant Pot country style ribs are pure comfort food.
Instant Pot Country Style Pork Ribs Tips
You can use boneless or bone-in country style pork ribs for this recipe. I’ve made it using both types, and it works either way.
The liquid is a combination of water and apple cider vinegar in addition to the barbecue sauce. For added flavor, you can substitute beef stock or chicken broth for the water if desired.
For ribs that are 2 to 2 1/2 inches thick, I pressure cook them for 35 minutes at high pressure. If your ribs are thinner, you can lower the cook time to 30 minutes.
Some people like to broil the ribs to caramelize the barbecue sauce coating after the Instant Pot cook time. I personally don’t think it’s necessary, but you’re welcome to add that step if you’re looking for an oven-baked finish.
For a spicy version of country ribs, add a little cayenne pepper or Cajun seasoning to the salt and pepper spice rub. I use my homemade barbecue sauce, but you could use a spicier store-bought bbq sauce as well.
Instant Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
- 2 lbs country style pork ribs cut into 4 strips (2 inches thick)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup water or beef broth
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the salt and pepper. Rub it evenly onto the pork.
- Place the chopped onion in the Instant pot, then pour in the water and apple cider vinegar. Add the pork to the pot, then add barbecue sauce. Close the lid and turn the knob to the sealing position. Set the pot to manual high pressure for 35 minutes. After cooking, do a natural release, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and a veggie, or whatever sides you like to serve with ribs. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for a few days in the refrigerator.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Rib Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $9.83 to make, or $2.46 per serving (with ribs costing $3.99 per pound). If you can find country style ribs on sale, this will bring down the price quite a bit, since most of the expense is the ribs. Try this easy Instant Pot dinner recipe on a busy night for a meal the whole family will love.