Peach Maple Cake
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
When peaches are in season and they go on sale at the grocery store, I tend to go a bit overboard.
I buy lots of peaches. Lots. And I make peach crisp, peach sorbet, and this cake.
Peach maple cake is a delicious summer dessert that takes advantage of fresh peaches. Adapted from this recipe by Martha Stewart, my version is sweetened by maple syrup, which gives it a wonderful flavor. If you’re serving a crowd, you may want to double the recipe. This cake will disappear quickly!
Peach Maple Cake
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup melted ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup + 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped peaches
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Grease a 9-inch square pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Submerge the peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, and then place the peaches in a bowl of cold water. When cool, you can easily remove the skin from the peaches.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Stir together the ghee, 1/2 cup maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped peaches.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. In a small bowl, mix the remaining maple syrup with the cinnamon. Drizzle over the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack, then cut it into 9 square pieces.
Peach Maple Cake Price Breakdown
This cake costs $4.50 to make, or $.50 per serving. It’s a wonderful way to use peaches when they’re in season, and it can also be made with frozen peaches if you have the will power to freeze some during the summer.
Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.
Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! 🙂
Very yummy. I have a bottle of maple syrup that needs a use! Thanks for sharing…
Thanks for your comment. I hope you enjoy it.