This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Pesto Roasted Chickpeas recipe is a healthy, high-protein snack with great flavor.
In the summer, I’m always looking for new ways to use basil. We get lots of it from our farm share, and I don’t like to see any of it go to waste.
This Pesto Roasted Chickpeas recipe is a unique snack full of flavor. Chickpeas are high in protein, with almost 8 grams of protein in a half cup. They’re also a good source of fiber and several nutrients.
The key to good roasted chickpeas is to leave them in the oven until they’re nice and crispy. They taste great as a snack on their own, and they’re also a delicious salad topping. You can store these roasted chickpeas in an airtight container for several days, but you may want to put them under the broiler for a minute to get their crunch back.
Pesto Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbs pesto
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chickpeas and pesto.
- Place the cooked chickpeas in a large roasting pan or on a cookie sheet that has sides. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Cook the chickpeas for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Toward the end, taste one every few minutes to see if they’re crispy yet. (Note: If you use canned chickpeas that are wet when you start, the bake time may be longer than 30 minutes. Just keep checking them until they’re crispy.)
- Cool the chickpeas before eating.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Pesto Roasted Chickpeas Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $1.60 to make, or $.27 per quarter-cup serving. I start with dried chickpeas, which are much cheaper than the canned version. They cost $.17 per cup when you start with dry beans, but they’re $.50 or more per cup when you buy the canned version. Either way, these healthy Pesto Roasted Chickpeas are a great alternative to savory snacks like pretzels and potato chips.