This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This tropical green smoothie is a healthy detox drink that tastes like vacation. The delicious combination of flavors makes a great snack.
Any smoothie can be made into a green smoothie. The secret is frozen kale cubes.
When I get kale from my farm share, I like to put some of it on reserve for smoothies. Kale is one of the more mildly flavored greens, making it a great addition to a healthy drink.
I simply blanch the kale in boiling water for a minute, and then I put the wilted leaves in my blender along with a little water. I puree the mixture and transfer it to an ice cube tray. Once the cubes are frozen, I place them in a plastic bag in the freezer. There they sit until I’m ready for them. The blanching process helps maintain the kale’s bright green color.
This tropical green smoothie is a delicious combination of flavors. The coconut milk, pineapple, mango, and banana conjure up images of an island vacation. This is just the thing I need as winter sets in here in Massachusetts.
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 2/3 cup chopped mango
- 1 medium banana
- 2 kale cubes or a small handful of kale
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender in the order listed. Liquid ingredients should be added to the blender first for proper blending.
- Process until smooth. Taste the smoothie to see if it needs a little maple syrup. This will depend on the ripeness of your banana. (Riper is better!)
- Divide into 3 one-cup servings and enjoy!
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Tropical Green Smoothie Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $1.59 to make, or $.53 per serving. Try this tropical green smoothie for a delicious detox drink that will remind you of vacation.