This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This delicious, healthy tropical yogurt parfait recipe features pomegranate seeds, pineapple, orange, and granola. It’s a great winter snack or dessert.
I love seeing fresh pomegranates in the grocery store. We don’t have them year-round here in Massachusetts, so it’s a fun treat when they do arrive.
I’ll admit that the 10-minute process of removing the seeds from the pomegranate isn’t my favorite kitchen task, but those delicious little pearls of nutrition are worth it. High in fiber and rich in antioxidants, the seeds (or “arils”) of a pomegranate are a great addition to salads, spreads, and desserts.
Pineapples and pomegranates tend to go on sale at the same time, so I like to make this tasty tropical yogurt parfait when I have both of these fruits on hand.
This high-protein yogurt parfait is a great backdrop for pomegranate seeds. You can substitute berries or other fruit to this list, and add extra nuts to boost the protein even more. If you haven’t tried making homemade yogurt yet, I highly recommend it.
Tropical Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola
- 4 tbs pomegranate seeds
- 4 orange segments chopped (approximately 1/4 orange)
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. To do this, cut the top inch and bottom inch off the pomegranate. Then submerge the pomegranate in a large bowl of water and break it apart with your hands. Separate the seeds from the membrane in the water. Scoop out the floating membrane and strain the seeds in a fine-mesh strainer. It will take several minutes to separate the seeds from the membrane, and one pomegranate will yield about a cup of seeds.
- Stir the honey and vanilla extract into the yogurt.
- Prepare four 1-cup glasses or serving bowls. Stack the ingredients evenly among the four bowls as follows: yogurt on the bottom, then granola, then fruit and seeds. Repeat this pattern with a second layer of yogurt, then granola, then fruit and seeds on top.
- Serve immediately.
Tropical Yogurt Parfait Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $3.06 to make, or $.77 per serving. As the weather gets cold out, this tropical yogurt parfait is a delicious, healthy way to enjoy the tropical flavors that remind us of summer.