This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These vegan banana oat pancakes are an easy gluten free breakfast made with almond milk. They have a great texture and delicious banana flavor, and they cost just $.58 per serving.
Pancakes are such an affordable comfort food breakfast. We eat them just about every weekend in my house, and we never get tired of them.
These gluten free, vegan banana oat pancakes are so easy and affordable. At $.58 per serving, you can add this healthy recipe to your breakfast menu without breaking the bank.
The texture of these pancakes is similar to banana bread, and the oats make them very hearty. The ingredient list is similar to what you’d use to make a batch of banana oatmeal. This is a nourishing breakfast that you can feel good about feeding your family.
Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes Tips
I make the oat flour by grinding rolled oats in the blender. If you want to save a step, you can purchase oat flour.
All the ingredients should be at room temperature. If they’re too warm, the oat flour will start to thicken. This will make it difficult to pour the batter onto the griddle.
Be sure to use ripe bananas for this recipe. They should be yellow with brown spots, and no green spots remaining on the peel. If your bananas aren’t ripe, the pancakes won’t taste as good.
Cook these vegan banana oat pancakes over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side. They don’t get bubbles on the surface as much as traditional flour pancakes do, so you’ll need to peek at the bottom of a pancake using a spatula to see when they’re beginning to brown.
Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats or 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk at room temperature or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil at room temperature or avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place 2 1/2 cups of rolled oats in a high-powered blender or food processor. Process until you have 2 cups of fine oat flour. (Skip this step if you’re using pre-packaged oat flour.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the bananas, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the blender, and process until smooth. Add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium high heat. Lower the heat to medium low, then pour circles of batter onto the griddle. Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake to get 12 pancakes. Cook for about two minutes on each side, flipping when the bottoms of the pancakes are nicely browned.
- Serve warm, topped with pure maple syrup, sliced bananas, or your favorite pancakes topping.
Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.31 to make, or $.58 per serving. Try these banana almond milk pancakes for an affordable, healthy gluten free breakfast.