This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy double chocolate banana bread recipe is a delicious spin on the classic. This gluten-free, dairy-free bread is full of extra chocolate flavor.
Banana bread is one of my favorite snacks. I make it all the time, and it never lasts long in my house. I love having a loaf in my freezer for when we run out of snacks.
Chocolate makes everything better, and the two different forms of chocolate in this recipe elevate this double chocolate banana bread to the next level. I simply substitute cocoa powder for some of the flour, and I add chocolate chips for an extra dose of deliciousness.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread Tips
I like using mini loaf pans for this recipe. It makes the perfect size for gift-giving. But this bread can also be made into full loaves if you’d prefer. Adjust the bake time according to the times listed in the recipe.
For a short cut, you can use a blender to mash the banana and mix the other wet ingredients. Then transfer them to a bowl to combine with the dry ingredients. If you don’t have a blender, you can mash the banana with a fork.
Feel free to double or triple this recipe as needed. This healthy chocolate banana bread makes a great gift, but be sure to keep a loaf for yourself!
And try my blender banana bread for another delicious dessert.
Double Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas. Add the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup. I like to mash the bananas in my blender, then I add the other ingredients and mix them in there. I transfer these wet ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to a standard loaf pan or two mini loaf pans, filling the pan(s) 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake the bread for about 50 minutes in the full-sized loaf pan or 40 minutes in the mini loaf pans. Either way, the bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Banana Bread Price Breakdown
This double chocolate banana bread recipe costs a total of $6.07 to make, or $.51 per serving ($3.04 per mini loaf). Three dollars is a great price to pay for this special homemade treat that everyone loves.
Note: This recipe was originally posted in 2015, and it was updated in 2020.