This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This crustless taco pie is a delicious gluten free casserole full of flavor. It’s a quick, hearty lower carb dinner full of pantry staples.
We have many different variations on taco night at my house. Instead of making the same thing week after week, I like to rotate through a variety of taco-themed dinners. Some favorites include enchilada casserole, slow cooker taco soup, and Mexican frittata.
This crustless taco pie is another easy, delicious meal for taco night. Aside from chopping an onion, there isn’t much prep work involved in this recipe. You simply saute the onion, brown the ground beef, and layer the ingredients in a pie pan for baking. The result is an irresistible gluten-free meal.
Crustless Taco Pie Tips
If you cut this pie as soon as it comes out of the oven, it will likely fall apart. It still tastes good this way, but you won’t be able to cut it into neat pieces unless you let it cool for about 30 minutes after baking.
Adjust the taco seasoning if you think it needs a little more flavor. Taste the browned meat after the taco seasoning is added to see how it tastes.
You can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef if you’d prefer. Taste the seasoning and adjust as needed.
Low Carb Crustless Taco Pie
To make an even lower carb, keto version of this crustless taco pie, omit the black beans and onions from the taco casserole. You can substitute 2 minced garlic cloves for the onions. Saute the garlic briefly before adding the ground beef to the skillet.
And for a dairy free version, simply leave out the cheese or use your favorite vegan cheese. Use a mild non-dairy milk such as almond milk or oat milk.
Crustless Taco Pie
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp taco seasoning or to taste
- 4 oz chopped green chilis
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese 4 oz optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
- In a medium skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil over medium low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef to the skillet, and cook over medium heat until it’s brown and no longer pink. Drain the excess fat, then stir in the taco seasoning.
- Transfer the beef mixture to the prepared pie pan. Top with green chilis and black beans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and salt. Pour the mixture into the pie pan, and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the taco pie for 35 to 40 minutes, or until it’s set and no longer jiggly in the middle. Remove to a wire rack. For easy cutting, cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings, such as sour cream, cilantro, and avocado.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
This recipe costs a total of $9.35 to make, or $1.17 per serving. Try this crustless taco pie for an easy lower carb dinner recipe.