This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These taco stuffed peppers are a great variation on the typical taco night dinner. Colorful bell peppers make the perfect bowl for a hearty taco filling.
Taco night makes a weekly appearance on my dinner menu. It’s one meal that nobody complains about, and it’s easy to include lots of healthy food in the mix. My family loves the taco seasoning that makes its way into all my Mexican dinners, including Crock Pot taco soup, chicken tacos, and avocado quinoa salad.
These taco stuffed peppers are such a delicious variation for Taco Tuesday. The peppers are a great size for a bowl, and they become nice and soft after they’re baked with the hearty filling. One half pepper is filling enough for dinner time, especially if you serve a salad on the side.
Make this recipe your own by adding your favorite taco toppings. These could include crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, scallions, and avocado. Leave off the cheese for a dairy-free version.
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 3 colorful bell peppers
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the stems out of the peppers, then cut the peppers in half. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat for a couple minutes to soften. Then add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add the corn, black beans, and taco seasoning to the skillet. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Divide the taco mixture among the 6 pepper halves.
- Pour 1/4 cup water in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add the stuffed peppers to the dish, then cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peppers are beginning to get tender. Remove the foil and add the cheese to the peppers. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
Taco Stuffed Peppers Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.81 to make, or $1.30 per serving. Try these taco stuffed peppers for something a little different the next time you’re having taco night!