This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal is a healthy, delicious way to start your day. Oats are a nutritious whole grain to include at breakfast time. High in fiber and several essential nutrients, a serving of oatmeal includes 5 grams of protein. Steel cut oats, rolled (or old fashioned) oats, and quick-cooking oats are all healthy whole grain options with similar nutrient profiles. I typically use rolled oats for most of my oatmeal recipes, but steel cut oats are a nice alternative on occasion.
This baked oatmeal is an easy, make-ahead recipe. You can put it together in the evening, and all you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven. The house will smell amazing while this is baking. If you have kids who are sluggish to get out of bed, this aroma just may do the trick.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 small apples peeled and chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Add the milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oats, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the oatmeal is set and no longer liquidy. Cool slightly, then cut it into four pieces to serve.
Approximate Nutrition Info
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.66, or $.67 per serving. Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a delicious make-ahead breakfast that your family will love on a busy morning.
What other flavor combinations do you like with your morning oats? Please share your suggestions in the comments.