This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
With Little League in full swing, here is another easy on-the-go meal for our hectic spring evenings. This high-protein meal of bacon, eggs, and chives comes together in minutes, and it tastes great.
As I was putting these together, I was thinking about the old days when I used to eat cheese on a daily basis. I love cheese and I only eat it occasionally now that I have been diagnosed with a dairy sensitivity. In a meal like this, many people would add some cheese, but I don’t think it’s necessary. While a little cheddar would add some salty flavor to this dish, I think the bacon and chives are enough to accomplish that task.
Serve with avocado slices and orange slices, or any fruits and veggies you have on hand. This meal costs $.86 per serving, and that’s using cage-free eggs and good-quality bacon from Whole Foods.
Bacon, Eggs, and Chives for One
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste optional
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease and flour 4 ramekins or eight muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, bacon, salt and pepper, then divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins. Sprinkle the top of each with chives.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until eggs are set. Keep checking on them in the oven. When the eggs puff up, that’s the sign that they’re almost done. They taste best when served immediately, but they can also be refrigerated for up to a week.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
8 eggs = $1.84
4 slices bacon = $1.60
Chives = free (from the garden)
Total: $3.44 for 4 servings