Banana Carrot Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These banana carrot muffins are an easy, delicious snack full of flavor. Grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts give these gluten-free, dairy-free muffins the best texture.
Muffins are one of the most popular snacks in my house. I always try to include produce in muffins for a bit of nutrition. My mixed berry muffins and cranberry muffins are family favorites.
We love having a batch of these banana carrot muffins on hand. The base is made with mashed bananas, and they’re filled with carrots, raisins, and walnuts for lots of texture and flavor.
These are a bit of a hybrid between traditional banana muffins and carrot muffins. The banana flavor is more subtle here than in a regular banana muffin, and the cinnamon and walnuts give these a carrot cake vibe.
Banana Carrot Muffin Tips
These muffins are so simple to make. For a shortcut, I use a food processor to grate the carrots and mash the bananas. You can do these steps by hand if you prefer.
Make sure the banana is ripe with brown spots. If it isn’t ripe enough, the muffins won’t have the best flavor. Also, I recommend weighing the bananas and carrots so you have the right proportions.
You can use regular flour in these muffins if you’re not gluten-free, and a different type of oil or melted butter would also work. Feel free to leave out the walnuts if needed.
Bake the muffins just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool them completely on a wire rack before storing them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them in a zipper bag or freezer container for several months.
Try my oat flour banana bread for another easy gluten-free snack.
Banana Carrot Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz grated carrots 1 1/2 cups
- 1 ripe banana mashed (1/2 lb)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup diced walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Grate the carrots and mash the banana. I use a food processor, but you can also grate the carrots with a hand grater and mash the bananas with a fork.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, water, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients, and stir just to combine. Then stir in the carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for later.
This recipe costs $6.48 to make, or $.54 per muffin. Try these delicious banana carrot muffins for a healthy snack on the go.
Pin this recipe for later: