This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This ginger lime chicken cauliflower rice meal prep bowl is a delicious make-ahead recipe for weekend meal planning. Make this healthy lunch on Sunday and eat it during the week.
When lunchtime hits, nothing makes me happier than having a delicious, fully prepared meal ready for me in the fridge. Sometimes it’s leftovers from last night’s dinner, and sometimes it’s something I’ve made specifically for lunch. Either way, having lunch ready to go makes my workday go much more smoothly.
These ginger lime chicken cauliflower rice bowls are so full of flavor. I love the savory taste of the chicken and cauliflower rice along with the sweet crunch of red peppers. This dish is filling enough to keep your appetite satisfied throughout the afternoon.
Rectangular food storage containers are my favorites for meal prep. We have a draw full of Pyrex glass containers in all shapes and sizes. The 3 cup rectangular containers are a great size for a hearty make-ahead lunch.
Watch this short video to see how easy it is to meal prep this delicious lunch:
Ginger Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 4 oz green beans
- 1/2 red pepper
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, ¼ cup olive oil, and ginger powder. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture for later.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken (aside from the 2 tablespoons that you set aside). Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. You can test with a meat thermometer to be sure.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower several times until it reaches the consistency of rice. You may need to do this in batches depending on the capacity of your food processor. Transfer the riced cauliflower to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. (You can cook it along with the chicken at the same 350 degree temperature.) Once it’s done cooking, remove the cauliflower rice from the oven and pour the 2 extra tablespoons of unused marinade over it. Stir well, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside to cool.
- While the cauliflower and chicken are in the oven, prepare the hard boiled eggs and green beans. Cook the eggs in gently simmering water for about 16 minutes. Blanch the green beans by submerging them in boiling water for a minute or two until they reach the texture you want.
- Divide the ingredients among the four containers. They can be refrigerated for up to four days.
Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.97 to make, or $1.99 per serving. Try this ginger lime chicken cauliflower rice bowl for an easy, healthy meal prep recipe.
Pin it here: