This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This homemade Mounds bars recipe is a healthier dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. This gluten-free, dairy-free recipe tastes like the real thing! (freezer-friendly)
When my kids come home from trick-or-treating, they know the rule. Turn over all the Mounds bars to your mother.
The sweet chocolate coconut combo is a weakness of mine. I don’t actually eat all their Mounds, but I do indulge in one or two if they’re in the house.
Homemade Mounds Bars Recipe Tips
These homemade Mounds bars are a much healthier alternative. They don’t have all the questionable ingredients that are in the packaged version, and they taste so similar to the real thing. I love to eat one when the chocolate is still melty out of the oven. The topping hardens over time, so it has the solid texture of a candy bar.
Store these bars at room temperature for up to three days, or freeze for up to three months.
Here’s a short video showing the easy process behind these delicious bars:
And while you’re experimenting with homemade candy, try my healthy peanut butter cups, too!
Homemade Mounds Bars Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup.
- Add the flour and coconut to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until it's set. Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the chocolate chips on top. Return the dish to the oven for a minute, until the chocolate chips melt. Then remove the dish from the oven and spread the chocolate evenly over the coconut base.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then cut it into 16 bars while it’s still warm (before the chocolate has a chance to solidify). After they’re cut, let the bars cool in the pan before removing them
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Homemade Mounds Bars Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.37 to make, or $.46 per serving. Try these homemade Mounds bars for a delicious, healthy dessert.
Pin it here: