This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These healthy oatmeal bars are so much better than store-bought snacks! Everyone will love their soft texture and delicious flavor. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
Homemade snacks are essential in my house. My kids are always looking for something to eat after school, and I need snacks to get myself through a busy workday. If there isn’t something nutritious to eat, I can fall into the potato chip trap pretty easily.
This healthy oatmeal bars recipe is just the thing we all need on those crazy days. These bars are soft, but they also have lots of texture from the oats, almonds, and shredded coconut. And chocolate is always a welcome addition to granola bars. I like the mini chocolate chips from Enjoy Life because they get distributed evenly throughout the bar.
Healthy Homemade Oatmeal Bars Tips
It’s a good idea to let these bars cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting them so that they keep their structure. If you can’t resist taking a taste before that, you can cut out a little sliver around the edge of the pan. We do a lot of slivers in my house.
Store these homemade oatmeal bars at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for later.
For a similar snack with a fruity twist, try my strawberry granola bars.
Healthy Oatmeal Bars
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted oil, maple syrup, banana, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture.
- Add the oats, coconut, almonds, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Press the dough into the 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are beginning to get brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into 14 bars. (If you try to cut them before they’re completely cool, they may crumble a bit.) Store in an airtight container for several days, or freeze them.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Healthy Oatmeal Bars Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.10 to make, or $.51 per serving. I love these healthy oatmeal bars for a quick snack on a busy day.