This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This lemon lime ice cream is such a refreshing vegan dessert! It’s easy to make, and it’s so delicious on a hot summer day.
Homemade ice cream is one of the best things about summer. There are so many different flavors you can make, and it’s easy to make a dairy-free version.
This sweet, tangy lemon lime ice cream is a delicious vegan summer dessert. The combination of lemon and lime is one of the most refreshing flavors, and lemon juice has many health benefits.
I use full-fat coconut milk to achieve a creamy texture. Be sure to chill the coconut milk ahead of time for the best results.
This ice cream has a soft serve consistency after churning, and you can put it in the freezer for a firmer texture. It takes a few hours to fully chill.
Because of the vibrant flavor of this ice cream, you don’t need a lot to satisfy your dessert cravings. This is very popular with kids and adults. It’s the perfect refreshing dessert recipe on a warm summer night.
Lemon Lime Ice Cream
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Chill the coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours so it’s cold when you mix together the ingredients.
- Remove the zest from a lime and a lemon with a microplane or other fine zester. It’s easiest to do this before removing the juice from the fruit.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and lime. I use this citrus juicing tool, which removes more juice than an old-fashioned lemon juicer. You should get about 1/4 cup of juice out of the lemon and the lime, but if they’re small you may need to cut into another one to get enough juice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- If you have an ice cream maker, churn the ingredients according to the manufacturer’s instructions. I use the KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can simply proceed to the next step.
- Freeze the mixture in a shallow container for a few hours to solidify. If your freezer is very cold, this will become rock hard after several hours. Soften it by placing it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before scooping.
Lemon Lime Ice Cream Price Breakdown
This batch of ice cream costs a total of $5.52, or $.92 per serving. This lemon lime ice cream is a refreshing vegan treat, perfect for a summer night.