This easy Mango Pear Salad is the perfect holiday recipe. Add this bright, flavorful salad to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu.
A delicious, beautiful salad is one of my favorite things to eat. Regularly eating salads is a great way to quickly take care of your daily fruit and vegetable quota.
This easy, 5-ingredient mango pear salad is a helpful recipe for those who are hesitant about eating salad. By piling on lots of yummy fruit, you can encourage your skeptical eaters to eat their greens.
Pomegranate seeds are one of my daughter’s favorite “special ingredients” that we buy when pomegranates are in season. The burst of red makes the salad look extra appealing. Check out my tropical yogurt parfait recipe for instructions about how to remove the seeds from a pomegranate.
Mango Pear Salad Tips
I love this salad just as it is, but many other goodies can be included here. Add avocados or cheese for some creaminess. Throw in some chopped chicken or hard-boiled egg to boost the protein. Swap out the almonds for another type of nut if you prefer.
Mango Pear Salad
- 8 cups chopped greens loosely packed (1/2 medium head of lettuce)
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 pear chopped (and peeled if desired)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss.
- Dress this salad with citrus vinaigrette or another dressing of your choice. If you won't be eating the whole salad at one sitting, only dress the portion you'll be eating.
Mango Pear Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.63 to make, or $.77 per serving. Mango Pear Salad is a delicious, fruity side dish that may convert your picky salad eater.
What tips do you have for helping picky eaters to eat their veggies? Please share your suggestions in the comments.