This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This oat milk smoothie is a healthy, refreshing drink full of fruit flavor. Oat milk is the perfect base for a thick, delicious vegan drink.
Oat milk is ideal for a smoothie because it’s naturally thick. It can be used in just about any smoothie recipe for a smooth, creamy drink. It’s also one of the most affordable non-dairy milks, with homemade oat milk costing just $.07 per cup.
This oat milk smoothie has a vibrant berry flavor, and the oat milk gives it a great texture. The banana sweetens the smoothie, and you can add a little pure maple syrup if you want it even sweeter.
I like to portion this smoothie into one cup servings, but you can make bigger or smaller servings depending on your smoothie appetite. This recipe yields four cups. Try it as a snack or alongside a meal for a quick burst of nutrients.
Oat Milk Smoothie Tips
As with most blender recipes, it’s important to add the liquid to the blender first. This will allow the blades of the blender to work properly and puree the solid ingredients into a smooth drink.
I recommend using frozen berries in this oat milk smoothie. They help thicken the drink and keep it cold. If you’d prefer to use fresh berries, you can add a couple ice cubes and a bit of extra fruit to get the best texture. And for an even thicker smoothie, use a little less milk.
If you don’t drink the whole batch right away, the excess can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days. It does taste best immediately after blending.
For the most affordable smoothie, you can make your own homemade oat milk before proceeding with this smoothie recipe. The extra milk can be used in cereal, baking recipes, or just about anywhere else you would use milk. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Oat Milk Smoothie
- 2 1/4 cups oat milk
- 1 ripe banana (8 oz)
- 2 1/4 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 to 2 tbs pure maple syrup if needed
- Place the ingredients in a high powered blender in the order listed. It’s important to put the oat milk in the blender first so that the blades can work properly. (If your banana is very ripe, you can skip the pure maple syrup.)
- Starting at low speed and gradually increasing to high speed, process the mixture until smooth. This will take about 30 seconds. Taste the smoothie, and add the pure maple syrup if you think it needs it.
- Divide the smoothie among four glasses and serve.
Smoothie Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.29 to make, or $.57 per serving. Try this simple smoothie for a healthy, refreshing drink.
And check out theses easy smoothie recipes for other delicious ideas.