This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This pumpkin popcorn is a delicious, affordable whole grain snack that kids and adults will love. Roast this sweet treat for a unique fall snack.
Popcorn is one of the easiest real food snacks to make. A small quantity of kernels goes a long way, so it’s also one of the most affordable whole food snacks.
There are so many ways to jazz up plain popcorn. This pumpkin popcorn has a sweet, cinnamon pumpkin flavor that’s perfect for fall. I recommend using organic kernels so you can be assured that the corn isn’t genetically modified.
I like to make this pumpkin popcorn when my children have friends over. It’s a unique snack that everyone loves.
And check out this post for other variations on coconut oil popcorn. There are so many different topping flavors for this frugal snack!
- 1/3 cup popping corn kernels yields about 10 cups popped
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn using an air popper or other method. We use this hot air popper.
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil, syrup, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and salt. Cook over medium heat for a minute or two, stirring until all the ingredients are combined.
- Measure two cups of plain popcorn and set aside.
- Put the remaining popcorn in a roasting pan. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the popcorn and stir until evenly covered.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Let the popcorn mixture cool. The glazed pieces of popcorn will harden as they cool.
- Stir the plain popcorn into the pumpkin-glazed popcorn mixture and serve.
Pumpkin Popcorn Price Breakdown
This recipe yields about 8 cups, and the total cost is $.85 or $.21 per serving (using organic popcorn kernels). Pumpkin popcorn is the perfect treat for little ones as they get ready for Halloween, and mom and dad will enjoy it too.
Adapted from this popcorn recipe by Lisa at 100 Days of Real Food.
If you’re looking for other pumpkin recipes, check out these goodies as well: