This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These rice noodles with peanut sauce are full of flavor and protein. I love a dish that I can make ahead of time and bring to room temperature to serve for dinner. The sauce is the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and nutty. This is typically considered an Asian dish, but I’ll serve it with just about anything.
This recipe is adapted from one I found in the The Mom 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman. This cookbook includes lots of great recipes for feeding busy families. Many times when I’m preparing dinner for my family, I make a basic version of the recipe, and I separate out certain ingredients that my husband and I will like but one or both of my children won’t want. Workman calls this “the fork in the road,” where you branch off in different directions to customize one recipe for multiple palates.
It can be a fine line between making different meals for everyone in the family and making one dinner that can be adapted to different tastes. I often live by “the fork in the road” mentality, and I love how this cookbook describes different variations for so many types of recipes.
Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 tbs chopped garlic scape)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs sesame oil divided
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles
- 3 scallions white and green parts diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- To make the sauce, combine the ginger, garlic, maple syrup, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of water according to the package directions. Before draining the noodles, measure out a half cup of the cooking water and set it aside. Drain the noodles and place them in a large bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil to the noodles and stir.
- Mix the peanut butter dressing with the half cup of cooking water. Pour this sauce over the hot noodles and stir. Leave the noodles at room temperature for up to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to help the noodles soak up the sauce.
- When you’re ready to serve the noodles, stir in the scallions, carrots, and sesame seeds. This dish can be served warm or at room temperature.
Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $5.74 to make, or $.96 per serving. These delicious brown rice noodles with peanut sauce are a healthy, high-protein side dish.