Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These vegan oatmeal cookies are a delicious, healthy treat. This easy recipe uses pantry staples including oats, cinnamon, pure maple syrup, and raisins.
Oatmeal cookies are a favorite treat in my house. Since oatmeal is their cousin, they’re almost healthy enough for breakfast, right?
These vegan oatmeal cookies are made exclusively from pantry ingredients that I usually have on hand. Oats, gluten free flour, raisins, and coconut oil are staples in my kitchen, so I can whip up a batch of these cookies any time.
I love the cinnamon flavor and soft texture of these gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies. They’re a satisfying snack any time of year.
Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Tips
I use flaxseed meal to make an egg substitute for these cookies. To make flax eggs, simply stir together the flaxseed meal and water, and let it thicken while you’re preparing the other ingredients.
The dry ingredients are a mix of old fashioned (rolled) oats, gluten free flour, and spices. You can substitute quick oats if that’s all you have on hand. If you want to try steel cut oats, follow my recipe for steel cut oats cookies.
The dough for these vegan oatmeal cookies is quite sticky. I like to refrigerate the dough for 5 to 10 minutes to help it solidify a bit before placing the cookies on the baking sheet. Don’t refrigerate it for much longer than 10 minutes, though, or the coconut oil will re-solidify.
Drop the cookie dough in heaping tablespoon-sized portions on a baking sheet. Let the cookies cool before storing in an airtight container at room temperature. They can also be frozen for later.
Try my gluten free vegan brownies and vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies for other delicious vegan desserts.
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 tbs flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flaxseed meal and water. Set aside to thicken while you’re preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, stir together the maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and flaxseed meal mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the raisins. If the dough is too sticky to handle, refrigerate it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drop the dough in heaping tablespoon-sized portions on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies are set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. (Yields 30 cookies)
This recipe costs a total of $5.72 to make, or $.38 per serving (2 cookies). Try these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies when you’re looking for an easy dessert using ingredients you already have on hand.