This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies are such a delicious dessert! This healthy treat has no gluten or dairy, and it’s full of peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
Peanut butter cookies are one of our favorite treats in my house. Their rich flavor is pure comfort food.
These gluten-free, vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies are such a delicious healthy indulgence. The oats and peanut butter give them the perfect texture, and you can’t beat the peanut butter and chocolate combination.
Nobody will miss the eggs or dairy in these rich, delicious cookies.
Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Tips
In this recipe, I grind a cup of oats into oat flour using my blender. If you’d prefer to skip this step, you can use one cup of store-bought oat flour instead.
I like to refrigerate the dough for 15 to 30 minutes before shaping the cookies. This step isn’t absolutely necessary, so you can skip it if you’re in a hurry. You may want to shape the vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies with wet fingertips to get a nice round shape.
Different brands of peanut butter have different textures. I use natural peanut butter that has an ingredient list of just two ingredients, peanuts and salt. Depending on what brand of peanut butter you use, you may not need to refrigerate the dough before shaping the cookies. If the dough seems too thin to work with, you can add a couple extra tablespoons of oats to get a typical cookie dough texture.
Bake these vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies for about 12 minutes, or until they’re set and the edges are beginning to turn brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Try my gluten-free oat bread, oat flour banana bread, and oat flour pancakes for other delicious recipes that feature oats as their base. And my peanut butter oatmeal bars are an easy, hearty snack that everyone loves.
Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats divided
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Grind half the oats (one cup) in a blender or food processor (*see note). Add the ground oats, one cup of old-fashioned rolled oats, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix to combine well. Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 to 30 minutes. (You can skip this step if you’re pressed for time, and just use wet fingers to shape the cookies). Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop (or your hands) to distribute balls of dough on a baking sheet. Press gently to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown around the edges. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe costs $6.75 to make, or $.23 per cookie. Try these delicious vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies for a healthy dessert.
Pin it here: