This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This zucchini noodle spaghetti is a delicious, gluten-free alternative to pasta. It’s ready in minutes, and it has a great flavor and texture.
Pasta is one of the best easy comfort food meals. But if you’re avoiding gluten, it can be hard to find a good alternative. During the summer when I get lots of zucchini from my farm share, I turn it into noodles for a flavorful pasta base.
This version of zucchini noodle spaghetti is topped with a simple tomato sauce. It makes a satisfying meal, especially if you include a little meat in the sauce.
Zoodle Pasta Tips
Zucchini noodles can be served raw with pasta sauce, but I prefer to cook them in boiling water for a minute to soften them. Strain the zucchini after cooking, and allow any excess water to drain through the colander while you make the sauce.
You can top this with anything you like to put on pasta. If you don’t want tomato sauce, pesto is another great option.
If you have extra zucchini noodles, you can freeze them for another time. Drop the frozen noodles into boiling water to defrost them.
Try my spaghetti squash recipe for another delicious alternative to traditional pasta.
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb ground turkey optional
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes (or use fresh if you have them)
- 1 to 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs chopped basil
- With a mandolin or similar device, cut the zucchini julienne-style.
- Boil a large pot of water. Add the zucchini and cook for one minute. Drain.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant but not brown.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, honey, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the basil and heat for one more minute.
- Divide the zucchini among four pasta bowls. Top each serving of zucchini with a portion of the sauce. Serve immediately.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti Price Breakdown
This meal costs $4.70 to make, or $1.18 per serving. Try this zucchini noodle spaghetti for a hearty, naturally gluten-free pasta dinner!
Note: This recipe was originally posted in 2012, and it was updated in 2020.