This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This chicken pineapple stir fry is a healthy dinner recipe that will help your family to eat their greens. You can prep the ingredients ahead of time for a busy night.
Everyone in my family enjoys this chicken pineapple stir fry. I started making this dish when I first received bok choy in my farm share and I didn’t know what else to do with it.
Over the years, I’ve concealed several different leafy greens in this dish. Any recipe that gets my children to happily eat a healthy green vegetable is a success in my book.
Chicken Pineapple Stir Fry Tips
You can prepare the ingredients ahead of time for a busy night. Then when it’s time for dinner, just load up your wok and the meal will be ready in no time.
The sauce is mild, so I recommend adding additional soy sauce, hot chili sauce, or fresh ginger if you’re looking for a stronger flavor. This recipe is a great starting point that can be adapted to your tastes.
Try my shrimp and broccoli stir fry for another easy, delicious dinner recipe.
Chicken Pineapple Stir Fry
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice from 28 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
Ingredients for the stir fry
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb broccoli florets chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups bok choy or other leafy green vegetable chopped
- 1 cup scallions chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or rice noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, carrots, bok choy, and scallions. Cook for three minutes, then remove them from the wok.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and the chicken to the wok. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Move the chicken to the edges of the wok and pour the sauce into the middle of the wok. Warm up the sauce and let it thicken a bit, and then add the vegetable mixture and the pineapples. Stir together with the chicken, and serve over brown rice or rice noodles. Serve with additional soy sauce or hot chili sauce if desired.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry Price Breakdown
This recipe makes 6 servings and costs a total of $11.55, or $1.93 per serving. This chicken pineapple stir-fry is a nutritious meal that appeals to children and adults.