This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This shrimp and broccoli stir fry recipe is a delicious, healthy dinner recipe full of nutritious ingredients and flavor.
This shrimp and broccoli stir fry is a simple, flavorful dish. I like to make it on a busy night when I don’t have much time to cook. The ingredients can be prepared ahead of time, so all you need to do at dinner time is cook everything in the wok.
This dish is very flexible. You can swap out different vegetables according to what you have on hand. Also, if you’d like a little more spice in your sauce, add some ginger, garlic, or crushed red pepper.
The sauce is made from a simple combination of soy sauce, honey, and chicken broth. I like to thicken it with tapioca starch or arrowroot starch for the best consistency.
My husband loves stir fry, and this is a convenient recipe for those times when we have shrimp on hand in the freezer. It makes a healthy, delicious lunch or dinner on a busy day.
Try my chicken pineapple stir fry for another light dinner on a busy night.
Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 daikon radish peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- Stir together the first four ingredients to make the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for about 3 minutes (until opaque) and remove them from the wok.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil and add the vegetables, cooking for 2 minutes (until crisp tender). Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- Add the sauce to the wok and cook for a minute to thicken, stirring constantly. Then add the shrimp and the vegetable mixture to the wok and heat through for a minute, stirring to cover with the sauce. Serve over brown rice.
Approximate Nutrition Info
Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry Price Breakdown
The total cost of this recipe is $8.47, or $1.41 per serving. This affordable, flavorful stir fry is a delicious way to get lots of veggies on your plate.