This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Overnight oats are one of my favorite make-ahead breakfasts. Sure, it’s easy enough to cook a pot of oatmeal in the morning. But in the groggy haze of the early hours, I don’t want to do anything I don’t have to do. If my oatmeal is ready to eat when I walk into the kitchen, it’s that much easier to get myself out of bed.
These Coconut Banana Overnight Oats are delicious and hearty. I love these flavors together, and the minimal sweetness is perfect for me. I like to warm this up on the stovetop before eating it, but my husband is happy with overnight oats right out of the fridge. He brings them to work on busy mornings, successfully dodging the fast food options he passes on his way there. This is faster than fast food, and it’s much healthier, too.
Coconut Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut milk or other milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbs maple syrup or to taste
- Pineapple or other fruit for garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, coconut milk, vanilla extract, mashed banana, and shredded coconut. Taste the mixture to see if it needs the maple syrup. This will depend on the ripeness of the banana. Stir in the maple syrup if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate. I love these jars.
- Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. Garnish with fruit.
- This will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
Coconut Banana Overnight Oats Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $.95 to make, or $.48 per serving. If you use organic canned coconut milk instead of homemade, the cost per serving goes up to about $1.30. Either way, this is a great price for a quick, healthy breakfast recipe that will get your day off to the right start.