This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy meatloaf with no ketchup is a delicious, easy meal. Cook once and eat twice with this tasty gluten free meatloaf. The flavor is fantastic!
Meatloaf is a classic family favorite. This comfort food meal is also simple to make, so it ends up on my meal plan regularly.
Many meatloaf recipes call for ketchup, but I make my meatloaf without ketchup. This recipe has just 7 ingredients, and it couldn’t be easier to make. I’ve never been a fan of ketchup, and nobody misses it in this recipe.
Sundried tomatoes, onion, parsley, and salt give this healthy meatloaf recipe a delicious flavor. To keep it gluten free, I make breadcrumbs from gluten free bread. You can use regular breadcrumbs if you don’t need a gluten free version. It tastes great either way.
This gluten free meatloaf without ketchup is a Costco-based meal. I buy their 3-packs of organic ground beef, as well as organic oven-dried tomatoes and eggs. Two of the beef packages generate more than 2 pounds of meat, so I typically brown the extra half-pound of meat and put it in the freezer for my Mexican frittata recipe.
Gluten Free Meatloaf Tips
You can buy gluten free breadcrumbs, or make your own. If you have bread in the freezer, put a slice directly from the freezer into a high powered blender, and it will yield perfect breadcrumbs. Otherwise, toast a piece of fresh bread and cool it before processing it in the blender.
It’s easiest to mix the ingredients of this gluten free meatloaf by hand. I like to use disposable food prep gloves so I don’t get an eggy meat mess on my hands.
Bake the meatloaf for about an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Serve warm, and refrigerate the leftovers for the next day.
Gluten Free Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz onion diced finely (1 small onion)
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. If you’re making homemade breadcrumbs, toast a piece of gluten free bread. Once it cools, place it in a food processor or high-powered blender and process into crumbs. Or if you have bread in the freezer, you can put the frozen bread right into the food processor to make the breadcrumbs.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, including the eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix up all the ingredients with your hands (I wear disposable gloves), or use a sturdy wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and bake for about an hour. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees when the meatloaf is fully cooked.
- Cool slightly before cutting, and serve warm.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
This recipe costs a total of $10.02 to make using organic ground beef, or $1.25 per serving. Try this gluten free meatloaf with no ketchup for a delicious comfort food dinner.
Pin it here:
Note: This recipe was originally published in 2015, and it was updated in 2020.