This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These gluten free morning glory muffins are a hearty, delicious snack bursting with bits of pineapple, carrots, apples, and golden raisins.
I make muffins just about every week. They’re great to have on hand for a quick snack or breakfast. Some of our favorites include gluten free cranberry muffins, mixed berry muffins, and banana carrot muffins.
These gluten free morning glory muffins are one of the heartiest muffins I make. Filled with golden raisins, crushed pineapple, shredded carrots, and apples, these are bursting with flavor. The texture is just right.
Most of the sweetness in these muffins comes from the fruit, so they only need a half cup of pure maple syrup to balance out the flavor. These are just sweet enough to be considered a treat, and they’re also healthy enough for breakfast. You can grab one on your way out the door in the morning, or save it for an afternoon snack with tea.
Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffin Tips
These muffins come together quickly. I like to grate the carrots and apple using a large grater opening so the bits of carrot and apple stand out in the muffins. You could also grate them finely if you’d prefer.
This batch makes fairly large gluten free morning glory muffins. You’ll have enough batter to fill the muffin tins just about all the way to the top, and they’ll rise above the level of the pan when they bake.
Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. If they don’t come out easily, you can run a knife around the edge of each muffin to remove it cleanly from the pan.
Store the muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze until later.
Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 8 oz crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 apple peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard 12 muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free four, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and orange juice. Add they dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Stir in the crushed pineapple, carrots, apples, and raisins.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin pan, filling to the top of each muffin cup. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan to cool completely. Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for later.
This recipe costs a total of $7.42 to make, or $.62 per muffin. Try these gluten free morning glory muffins for a quick snack or healthy breakfast on a busy day.
Pin it here:
Note: This post was originally published in 2012, and it was updated in 2021.