These edible peanut butter cookie dough bites are a healthy, energy-boosting snack. They’re a simple combination of peanuts, dates, and chocolate.
I like to have lots of healthy snacks on hand to help steer my family away from junk food. When there’s good food available in my kitchen, it makes it so my easier to make good snack choices.
These edible peanut butter cookie dough bites are just the thing I’m looking for when I want a healthy, energy-boosting snack. They’re a combination of peanuts, dates, and chocolate, and they come together in just a few minutes.
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Tips
These peanut butter energy balls come together quickly in a food processor or high-powered blender. I like to leave little bits of each ingredient in the final product, but you can process them to a smoother consistency if you prefer a truer cookie dough texture.
If the dough doesn’t come together easily, add water one teaspoon at a time and process until you get the right texture. It should bind together easily without being wet.
Store these treats in the refrigerator for several days, or freeze for later.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 cup Medjool dates 4 oz
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter single ingredient: peanuts
- 2 tbs mini chocolate chips
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until the dough binds together, leaving little bits of each ingredient. If the dough is too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time until everything sticks together easily.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls in an airtight container for up to five days, or freeze for later.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites Price Breakdown
This recipe makes 18 energy balls and the cost is $2.13, or $.12 each. These peanut butter cookie dough bites taste like a sinful treat, but they’re actually a healthy energy boost.
Note: This post was originally published in 2013, and it was updated in 2018.