This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This chocolate banana chia pudding tastes sinfully rich, but it’s completely healthy. You can eat chocolate for breakfast, and it’s so easy to make! (vegan, gluten-free)
This Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding is healthy enough for breakfast and decadent enough for dessert. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse, full of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and calcium. I love how this pudding thickens up just like traditional pudding, but it only takes a few minutes to make. There’s no need to stand over the stove stirring and stirring – the chia seeds do the work for you! If you like my chia coconut pudding, I think you’ll love this recipe, too.
Use a food processor or a fork to mash the bananas. These will help sweeten and thicken the pudding. I love using bananas instead of sugar to sweeten my recipes.
Add the milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla to the food processor and puree to combine everything. Taste and see if it needs a little maple syrup, then pour the chocolate mixture over the chia seeds.
This recipe will take you five minutes to make. The return on investment is huge! You’ll love this healthy pudding.
Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk or other milk
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup or to taste
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Place the bananas in a food processor and puree. Add the milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Process until smooth.
- Taste the mixture, and add maple syrup one teaspoon at a time if needed. You may not need any at all if the bananas are very ripe.
- Place the chia seeds in a medium bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture over the chia seeds and stir.
- The pudding will start to thicken right away, but for the best results, cover the bowl and let the pudding thicken in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.65 to make, or $.88 per serving. Costco has a great price on chia seeds ($.44 per ounce) if you want to stock up on this nutritious ingredient. Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding is a delicious, healthy recipe that tastes like an indulgence.
Do you eat chia seeds? I’d love to hear creative ways that you’ve incorporated this superfood into your diet. Please share in the comments.