This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy chocolate milkshake recipe is my version of a homemade Frosty. It’s an easy, delicious vegan dessert drink without the guilt.
In my life B.H.F. (Before Healthy Food), I used to love fast food chocolate milkshakes. They were my favorite refreshing drink on a hot day, just chocolatey enough but not too dark. The only problem was that I never felt great after drinking them.
This healthy chocolate milkshake recipe is a much better option for me these days. It reminds me of a Frosty from Wendy’s, except I actually feel good after drinking this one. It’s nice and thick thanks to the frozen bananas, peanut butter, and ice. The chocolate flavor is just right for me, but you can add or subtract some cocoa powder to get it just how you like it. The perfect chocolate milkshake is definitely a matter of personal taste.
If you want to make it even thicker, add extra frozen banana, peanut butter, and/or ice cubes. And if you’re looking for soft serve ice cream instead, try my chocolate banana ice cream. It’s similar to this recipe, but you’ll definitely need a spoon for that one.
Healthy Chocolate Shake Video
This video shows the simple process of making these yummy milkshakes:
Healthy Chocolate Milkshake
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana sliced and frozen
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 15 ice cubes
- Place the ingredients in the blender in the order listed. (Note: Liquids should normally go first in a blender, but I add the maple syrup later so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.)
- Process the mixture until smooth. If it’s too thick for your blender to run properly, add just a little bit more coconut milk.
- Divide into 2 glasses and serve.
Healthy Chocolate Milkshake Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $1.47 to make, or $.74 per serving. Try this delicious, healthy chocolate milkshake for a guilt-free dessert on a hot day.