This double chocolate bundt cake is a classic dessert recipe that everyone will love. It’s a delicious dairy-free option for holiday baking and other special occasions.
It’s not a holiday without chocolate in my house. Apple pies and snickerdoodles are wonderful, but chocolate is central to just about any celebration for my family.
I bake a lot throughout the year, and I use many different kinds of flour. I often use gluten-free flour for everyday baking, and sometimes I use whole wheat flour. These varieties work well in many recipes, but there are some occasions where all-purpose flour is the best option. Recipes made with gluten-free and whole wheat flour usually taste great right out of the oven, but their texture degrades over time. They tend to get dry and crumbly by the second or third day.
When I’m baking a special cake for the holidays, that’s when I pull out the all-purpose flour to get just the right texture. The higher gluten content in all-purpose flour yields that classic cake texture, and it maintains the right consistency for several days.
Gold Medal has been around for over 100 years, and their all-purpose flour is a good choice for a decadent cake like this. While I was at Walmart picking up Gold Medal flour in the baking aisle, I also grabbed a big box of Arm & Hammer baking soda. It’s great to have these classic ingredients in my cabinet for those times when I want to make a special dessert that will appeal to everyone.
Dairy Free Chocolate Bundt Cake
This dairy free chocolate bundt cake is a no-fail recipe that’s hard not to love. The easy chocolate ganache topping takes it to the next level, and the sprinkling of shredded coconut gives it that winter holiday look and flavor.
This cake is dairy free, but you can use regular milk and melted butter instead of the coconut milk and oil if you’re not avoiding dairy. Either way, it’s a cake that you’ll make again and again to celebrate special occasions.
Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
Ingredients for the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Ingredients for the Chocolate Ganache
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10-inch bundt pan (or similar).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder).
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for one minute, then add the boiling water and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the ganache by heating the chocolate chips and the additional ¼ cup of coconut milk in a small pot over medium low until the chocolate is melted. Stir with a whisk while it’s melting.
- Once the cake is cooled, drizzle it with the chocolate ganache and top with shredded coconut.
Double Chocolate Bundt Cake Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.30 to make, or $.36 per serving. That’s a fantastic price for such a delicious, beautiful dessert! Try this dairy free chocolate bundt cake the next time you want to impress a crowd.