This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy Asian noodle bowl is a copycat of fast food I enjoyed during a visit to Tokyo, Japan. It’s a healthy, delicious recipe that comes together easily.
When I visited my brother in Japan years ago, I was amazed to learn how different their fast food is from ours. We had lunch one day in a noodle restaurant where you sit at the counter and order a quick bowl of noodles and vegetables in broth. It was delicious, and it didn’t take longer to serve than a burger and fries would.
I also noticed that just about every Japanese person I saw walking down the street in Tokyo was slender. Really, I don’t remember seeing a single overweight person during my week-long visit. I wonder how different things would be in America if every fast food burger shop were replaced by a noodle shop.
This easy Asian noodle bowl is my version that fast food meal in Tokyo. It’s a healthy, delicious, affordable lunch.
Try my peanut ramen noodle salad for another quick, easy meal.
Easy Asian Noodle Bowl
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles
- 1 small daikon radish
- 3 carrots
- 2 scallions white and green parts
- 3 cups broth
- 2 tbs tamari sauce
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Boil the rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Thinly slice the daikon radish, carrots, and scallions.
- In a large pot, bring the broth just to a boil. Add the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and soy sauce. Then add the eggs and stir. Cook for about 30 seconds (until the eggs are set).
- Serve warm and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Approximate Nutrition Info
Asian Noodle Bowl Price Breakdown
This recipe yields 6 servings and it costs $6.27, or $1.05 per serving. I don’t remember what the noodle bowls cost when I visited that fast food shop in Tokyo 15 years ago, but it was definitely more yen than that. Enjoy this quick, filling meal for lunch or dinner, and try using chopsticks if you’re up to the challenge.