This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This shallot vinaigrette is a delicious homemade salad dressing that will add flavor to your greens. This dressing is a perfect mild topping that kids love.
Having a good supply of homemade salad dressing recipes is essential in our house because we get lots of greens every week from our farm share. My children are generally happy to eat salad as long as they like the dressing, but I need to rotate different dressings so they don’t get bored with the same one over and over.
A big salad with lots of different veggies is one of my favorite meals, and I love so many different dressings. Many people say that homemade dressing tastes superior to the store-bought version, but I actually love the taste of some bottled salad dressings. However, I usually make homemade dressing for several reasons:
- It doesn’t contain a laundry list of questionable ingredients.
- You only make as much as you need.
- You can tweak the flavor until you get it just right.
- It costs less than store-bought dressings.
This shallot vinaigrette is simple to make and the flavor is wonderful. You can adjust the proportions to your taste. Add a little honey if you’d like a touch of sweetness, and mix in a bit of water if your olive oil has a strong taste.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tbs diced shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, and salt in a jar. Shake well to combine. Taste it and adjust the flavoring as needed.
- Store extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Shallot Vinaigrette Price Breakdown
This makes 1/3 cup of dressing and the total cost is $.64, or $.16 per serving. If you want to eat more greens, get into the habit of making homemade salad dressing from ingredients you keep on hand.