This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This strawberry banana soft serve ice cream is such an easy vegan dessert recipe. You just need 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this simple summer treat! (vegan, gluten-free)
Ice cream is one of the best simple pleasures of summertime. I love making homemade ice cream with my ice cream maker, but sometimes I just want something super quick and easy.
Enter this no-churn strawberry banana soft serve. Frozen fruit and a little coconut milk and maple syrup are all it takes to whip up this simple treat. If your fruit is extra ripe and sweet, you can even skip the maple syrup.
Your blender may not want to cooperate with all the frozen fruit. In that case, add extra coconut milk one tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together. I like to serve it straight out of the blender, but you can also freeze the ice cream to let it solidify a bit more. If you freeze it for too long and it gets hard, you can still salvage it. Let it defrost on the counter until you can scoop it, then put it back in the blender with a little more coconut milk. You can then whip it back into a delicious soft serve consistency.
And check out the pineapple Dole Whip version of this recipe, too. It’s another simple, delicious summer treat.
Strawberry Banana Soft Serve
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (add more if needed)
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries sliced and frozen
- 3 ripe bananas sliced and frozen
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup or to taste
- Place the ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Typically liquid ingredients should go into the blender first, but I add the maple syrup last so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom of the blender. Make sure the pieces of fruit are broken up and not all frozen together.
- Blend the ingredients on medium-high until smooth and well-combined. If your blender has a hard time handling the frozen strawberries and banana, add just a little more coconut milk so the blade can work properly.
- This can be served right away if you want a soft serve consistency. Otherwise, freeze the ice cream in a shallow, airtight container for a couple hours until it reaches the desired consistency.
Strawberry Banana Soft Serve Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.51 to make, or $.63 per serving. Try this strawberry banana soft serve ice cream for an easy, delicious, vegan treat!
Pin it here: