This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Cranberry apple energy bars are a healthy, high-protein snack that highlights the delicious flavors of fall. Everyone loves these fruity bars!
Cranberries and apples are abundant in the fall here in New England. I love these flavors together, and I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy them.
Cranberry apple energy bars are a healthy, high-protein snack that highlights the delicious flavors of the season. Raw vegan protein bars are one of my favorite types of snacks. They taste like dessert even though they’re healthy. Best of all, they’re so simple to make.
These bars can be made in just a few minutes. A food processor and a few ingredients are all you need.
Cranberry Apple Energy Bar Tips
I like to use a food processor to make homemade energy bars. Chop the ingredients finely, but leave little bits of each ingredient instead of making a smooth paste.
Press the mixture into a pan, and refrigerate the cranberry apple energy bars until they’re ready to cut (about an hour).
If you don’t want to wait, you can actually eat these right out of the food processor. Just form the mixture into balls, and they’ll be ready to eat.
Cranberry Apple Energy Bars
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tsp water if needed
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and chop them until they bind together. Don’t chop them so much that you can’t see little bits of each ingredient. If the mixture is too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time until it comes together easily.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and press down into the pan. I use the back of a metal spatula to press it down evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and then cut it into 18 squares. Alternately, cut this into a fewer number of larger bars.
- Store these energy bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe costs a total of $6.53, or $.36 per square. I love having this type of snack on hand so I don’t reach for something unhealthy when hunger strikes. Cranberry apple energy bars are a healthy, energy-boosting snack that kids and adults love.
Check out some of my other homemade energy bars for more inspiration:
Pumpkin Pie Larabars
Three Homemade Larabars (Chocolate, Banana, and Mango)
Apple Pie Larabars
Blueberry Lemon Larabars
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
Almond Joy Truffles
Coconut Apricot Energy Bites
Note: This post was originally published in 2013, and it was updated in 2019.