This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy shamrock shake recipe is a delicious treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day without resorting to green food coloring.
St. Patrick’s Day is a great excuse to eat more greens.
Rather than use food coloring to make a St. Patrick’s Day treat, I use spinach and fresh mint to color this delicious, healthy drink. My healthy shamrock shake is a green smoothie in disguise. Shhh – don’t tell my kids.
Actually, I’m just kidding. I always make it a point to let me children know when they’ve eaten something healthy like spinach. But I do sometimes wait until after they’ve eaten it to tell them.
Healthy Shamrock Shake Tips
This shamrock shake recipe is full of probiotics, fiber, potassium, and calcium. But it’s also full of sweet, minty flavor.
As with all smoothie recipes, I recommend you taste it as you go and adjust the proportions to your liking. If your banana isn’t very ripe, you’ll want to add a little more maple syrup. If you like it extra minty, throw in a few more mint leaves.
For a dairy-free version, use your choice of non-dairy milk in place of the yogurt and milk in this recipe.
Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- 1 large banana (very ripe)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbs maple syrup or to taste
- Freshly whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish optional
- Place the yogurt, milk, spinach, mint leaves, banana, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Taste the shake and add the maple syrup if needed. Add more of any of the other ingredients to suit your tastes.
- Garnish with freshly whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings if desired. Enjoy!
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
This recipe costs a total of $1.55 to make, or $.52 per one-cup serving. Try this healthy shamrock shake recipe for a sweet treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.